Monday, February 22, 2010

Let the Games Begin!

Wow! What a day we had. Many, many firsts for me. My first time on a train (Grandpa would be proud); my first time in another country (Canada); my first time at the Olympics (It took Mommy and Daddy over 30 years to go and me just 3 months); and my first hockey game (I am sure if Daddy has his way it won't be my last). Below are pictures from our adventure to the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, BC. We started by taking the train to Vancouver. I loved looking out the window of the train. It was so exciting.
When we got to Vancouver I was so happy. I talked with everyone at the customs office. We were then on our way to see the Norway and Switzerland hockey game. What a great crowd! Mommy was worried about the noise level, but I slept through most of the game even when people cheered really loud. Even though I missed most of the game Daddy said it had a lot of action with Switzerland winning in extra time 5-4.
After the game we took a walk to look at the Olympic torch. Of course by the time we got there I had fallen asleep again, but Mommy and Daddy enjoyed seeing it. We then enjoyed some dinner. I was a little active so a nice lady held me while Mommy was able to eat.

We met many wonderful and friendly people from around the world. We ended our day by taking the train back home. There was not as much for me to look at and I was really tired so I had a little outburst, but pretty soon I was fast asleep and slept the whole way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment